20 November 2010

Pumpkin Marmite Penne

Yes.  Pumpkin Marmite penne.  Based loosely on the lovely Nigella's Spaghetti with Marmite.  I melted some margarine in a pan and added some Marmite and some of the starchy pasta water.  I stirred it.  I added some pumpkin and mushed it up.  Then I added the pasta.  It sounds weird, but it is fantastic. 


(I am embarrassed to admit I also added mock chicken that I bought on a whim from Asda.  I'm not really a fake meat kind of gal, seeing as I never really liked meat when I was a meat-eater anyway, but I saw it and thought I'd give it a try.  It's dry.  My toddler thinks it's tofu.  Future versions of this dish will not include mock chicken.)

Pumpkin Marmite Penne

As I type, my toddler and I are devouring this.  I sprinkled my son's with nutritional yeast because he thinks pasta with nutritional yeast is fancy and studies show he is more likely to clean his plate and less likely to throw any on the floor. 

Okay, now my toddler has passed out in his high chair.  Probably because the food was so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment