25 October 2011

Fruit Plates and Tablescapes.


My husband brought home a lot of fruit last night (he hit the grocery store after they'd reduced a lot of produce) and suggested I make a fruit salad.  I bristled.  I don't know why this is exactly, but fruit seems so much less appetising when presented as a fruit salad.  But a fruit platter?  I am so in.



In fact, sometimes a fruit platter seems even more appetising than plain ol' fruit.  Orange, mango, and pineapple are good, but slice 'em up and call it a 'Tropical Fruit Platter' and suddenly, ooh la la!




Plus, a pineapple top in an old peanut butter jar on top of an oven mitt you made when you were a kid makes a very tasteful tablescape.

3 comments:

  1. Fruit salad bothers me as well. I love fruit, but when you cut it up and toss it together... I don't know. Part of me wants to pick it all apart and put it in separate piles and eat it that way, but you know it's too late as everything's already shared juices. (That sounds wrong...)

    Your platter, on the other hand, looks quite lovely! Not jumbled at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish my husband would ever bring me home fruit - he avoids the stuff - even picked apple out of a cake I baked tonight. I love fruit salad and sometimes chop up fruit into a salad so I will eat it when I just don't eat it fresh but I love your ways of making a table pretty with fruit - platters are gorgeous!

    By the way I nominated you for a liebster award

    ReplyDelete