23 July 2012

Mindful Mothering Mondays and Sprouting

B & R's Lift (Elevator)

Lydia from Small Town Simplicity has a feature on her blog called Mindful Mothering Mondays.  I thought I'd join in.  Here's what I have to say this week:

If you find a piece of corn randomly stuck to the side of your bathtub, don't ask.  Just clean it up and try not to think about it.



In other news, I bought a 3-tiered seed sprouter on ebay a few weeks ago and started sprouting broccoli seeds.  Drainage is very important.  The directions on my 3-tiered sprouter said to just pour water over the top tier and let it trickle down through the lower tiers and into the reservoir at the bottom.  It does, but it still leaves everything too wet (I live in a rather humid area, mind you).  So after 2 batches of grotty broccoli sprouts, I did some on-line investigation and read that broccoli sprouts especially need adequate drainage.  I've started draining each tray individually and now I have a patch of fresh broccoli sprouts every other day.  I like them best on their own or a slice of bread with a smear of dijon.

I liked the sprouts so much, I bought some different sprouting seeds and made an old-school style sprouter by punching some holes in a jar lid so I could have sprouts even more often.  I just harvested a crop of spicy radish sprouts and should have some sunflower sprouts and more broccoli sprouts ready for munching tomorrow.  So far, I've sprouted alfalfa, broccoli, buckwheat, chick peas, fenugreek, lentils, mung beans, mustard, quinoa, radish, and sunflower seeds.

Do you like to sprout?  What do you sprout and how do you eat them?


Coming soon:  a review of some of the new Viridian Clear Skin range and The Clear Skin Cookbook from Goodness Direct.  You can also check out Goodness Direct on facebook, where they currently have a generous money off voucher code £10 off an order of £35 or more (all orders over £35 get free shipping).  And if you place an order with them, won't you please use my Tell-a-Friend Ref No G8085693, too?  :D

1 comment: