08 September 2013

Asian-Inspired Zucchini 'Noodle' Salad (GF)

I'm not gonna lie -- this salad is better with tofu.  But there ain't the right kind of tofu in these parts and I haven't been to See Woo in yonks, so I had to make do without.  You can probably find some, though.  Don't get the silken kind.  Save that for desserts, tarts, and sauces.

Basically, you just cut a zucchini (courgette) into noodle size-strips (there are various culinary implements that can make this go a lot faster, but I've done it by hand, too), toss with some brown rice, and make a dressing out of orange juice, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, and maybe a splash of lime juice or vinegar.  You could even throw some peanut butter in there.  Mmmmmm.  Peanut butter...

Top with some sesame seeds or sunflower seeds to make it pretty.

Zucchini is only about 16 (!!) calories per 100g and cooked brown rice is about 110 calories per 100g, so if you take it easy on the toasted sesame oil and peanut butter, this dish is really low in calories.  Not that you need to count calories, baby, cos you look so fineWhy don'tchall call me no more?  ...What'd I do, baby?  Baby...?


*  It is possibly the best Asian grocers outside of Asia and has such a great variety of spices, I even found dried limes there! Dried friggin' limes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment